Marker Features and Changes in Premiere Pro CC
WARNING, THIS ARTICLE IS OUTDATED. SEE UPDATES AT THE BOTTOM:
Markers saw a major overhaul in Premiere Pro CS6, and these features saw a few enhancements in Premiere CC. While these features may not address all of users issues with the marker system in Premiere, it certainly goes a long way to improving a few of the pain points.
In this video we talk about these new features, which include easier ways to edit your markers as well as ways to snap to them and use keyboard shortcuts to navigate them.
Some features covered include:
- Opt/Alt- Click on a marker to split it and be able to drag out a duration.
- mm to make a marker and quickly be taken to the edit dialogue.
- m to open the edit dialogue if your playhead is over a marker that is already created.
- Creating and seeing clip markers.
- Using keyboard shortcuts to navigate between clip markers.
For me, one major change that I’d like to see is the ability to see a marker’s name/comment in the timeline (or program monitor) without having to add a duration. But perhaps one day we’ll get a CC update that will add this feature.