Tag Archives: Icon View
I often get asked by coworkers or colleagues, “What are the main differences between FCP7 and Premiere Pro?” And the truth is, there are a lot of similarities between the two applications, but there are also a ton of little differences. This video features 10 things that I think any new Premiere Pro users should know. This one is definitely on the longer side for our videos, but I think the tips are really helpful. So hangin there, and let us know if have any questions.
And the synopsis from Premium Beat:
10 things that FCP7 editors should know about Premiere Pro include:
- Scratch disks are project based
- There is less transcoding necessary
- Setting render codec (codec settings not as ‘important’)
- Partial renders on clips are not maintained
- Audio tracks are handled differently, stereo is on one track
- Premiere Pro has powerful audio sync tools
- Changes to simple editing (smoother process in Premiere)
- Copy and paste clips onto different tracks
- Scrubbing is possible in the Premiere Pro project panel
- Batch export in the background while editing
UPDATE: In terms of batch export, you can now queue it via, cmd-M with multiple clips selected. No more having to drag over to media encoder.