In this video we take a deep dive into the Lumetri Color Panel and the new color correction workflow in Premiere Pro CC 2015. We talk about how to work with each of the panels, clip selection, keyboard shortcuts, and some things you need to know to get moving quicker. We’ll show you a quick way to enable and disable your color grades, quick explanations of waveforms and vectorscopes, and we’ll show you how to use our presets, Color reTooled to get grading quicker and easier in the newest version of Premiere.
To find out more about Color reTooled, check out it’s product page here.
While we don’t have our full in depth coverage of the upcoming release of Premiere Pro ready yet, we didn’t want to leave you guys hanging. The newly announced update to Premiere Pro features a bunch of small user enhancements and a few major features too. In this video we cover what we think are some of the best updates coming to Premiere Pro.
- New Workspace Bar
- The New Color Workspace and the Lumetri Color Panel
- Clip Markers are now visible even when a track is collapsed.
- Track Output Assignments in the Timeline
- New Frame Hold Option to use Source Timecode
- Increase on Handles in Project Manager and Render and Replace to 999
- Ability to Relocate the Anchor Point Like After Effects
- Ability to Hide Items in your Project panel
- Morph Cut
See the official announcement here:
There are obvious shortcuts that everyone needs to know, like how to use the arrow tool or the blade tool, and then there are shortcuts that are a little less obvious. Those are the shortcuts that I’m hoping to go over in this video. Chances are if you are seasoned in Premiere, you know some of these, but hopefully I can shed some light on some that you didn’t know, including some custom keyboard shortcuts that I set up.
The shortcuts I go through:
The Bonus Keyboard Shortcut:
Keyboard Shortcut Dialogue
- Ripple Trim Previous / Next Edit to Playhead
Q / W
- Slip / Move / Trim with Keyboard
Cmd+ Opt ← → / Cmd ← → & Opt+↑ ↓ / Opt+ ← →
- Panel Windows
Shift+1 = Project Panel
Shift+2 = Source Monitor cycles through open clips
Shift+3 = Timeline Panel cycles through open sequences
Shift+5 = Effects Control
Shift+8 = Media Browser
- Trim Edit/Toggle Trim Types
- Nudge Audio Volume Down & Up
[ & ]
- Select Next & Previous Clip
Cmd ↑ ↓
- Replace Clip Match Frame
- Show Video / Audio Keyframes
Cntl+k / Cntl+Shift+k
- Delete Tracks
- Set to Frame Size