AE ❤ PR – Using AE to Move Multiple Layers in the PR Program Monitor
Premiere Pro doesn’t let you move multiple layers at the same time in the program monitor. In this Premiere Pro tutorial we’ll go over how to use After Effects to get around this limitation in a few straight forward steps.
The basic breakdown of how to do it is this:
- Select your layers in Premiere, hit Cmd-C to copy.
- Go into AE, and create a composition that is the same frame rate and frame size as your sequence in Premiere. Make sure it is longer than the duration of your layers.
- Go into this composition, hit Cmd-V to paste.
- Select all of your layers and move them where you need them.
- With all of the layers moved and selected, hit Cmd-C to copy them again.
- Go back to Premiere, target the tracks you want them to be pasted to, hit Cmd-V and paste them back in.
And the REAL solution. Send Adobe a feature request letting them we need to be able to do this directly in Premiere. No workarounds.
And while they are at it, give us the ability to reposition our layers in the Program Monitor with the keyboard too.
If you agree you can voice your opinions to Adobe by filing a feature request.
Credits: Thanks to John Gumaer for doing the intro sound design.