Premeire Pro CC – June 2016 Update
There are a lot of huge features in this Premiere Pro Creative Cloud update, but by the time we release this video, you’ve probably heard all about those already. So instead of talking about all of the headline-grabbing features, which Adobe announced at NAB 2016, we are going to talk about the little things that you probably haven’t heard anything about. I’m a firm believer that while the big features can be great, sometimes it can be the little adjustments which make a bigger difference to our daily lives as editors. So let’s talk about what’s new and changed and go over what is covered in this video.
- Remove Attributes: The old Removed Effects, has been moved to the Edit Menu and converted to Remove Attributes. Like the previously updated Paste Attributes this command is now modular. Meaning, instead of just removing video or audio effects without knowing what you are removing, it gives you a list of all effects being removed from one, or several clips. It also let’s you chose whether motion and other parameters are removed.
- Clip Marker View: Now we can choose whether the marker panel is showing clip markers or sequence markers. You can view all clip markers within a sequence at once without having to select the clip you wish to see the information for. This allows for more granularity and use cases for Premiere’s marker panel.
- Minimum Tracks Heights: Both audio and video tracks can be minimized to even smaller than before. Not only can they be made smaller to accommodate more tracks, but we can still see clip markers and audio waveforms even in these smallest views.
- Maintaining Twirl State in the Effects Control and Export Windows: Sick of always twirling that motion tab open every time you select a clip? Now Premiere will remember the last twirl state of properties in the Effects Control and Export Dialogues.
- Keyframing Shortcuts Added: We can now set up keyboard shortcuts for the following tasks. Select Next and Previous Keyframe. Move Video Keyframe/ Move Audio Keyframe, by 1 or 10 keyframes. Increase and Decrease Audio/Video Keyframe Value. Add or Removed Audio/Video Keyframe. Zoom to a single frame.
- Generate Audio Waveform: A command and keyboard shortcut were created for those who lose their audio waveform display. This will regenerate the waveforms.
- Constrain Direct Manipulation: Hold shift while dragging the position in the Program Monitor and it will constrain your motion to horizontal or vertical depending on which way you were dragging at the start of your action.
- Moving of Various Video Effects: Many effects have been moved to an obsolete category. These will still work, but most of them have been replaced by other effects like the Lumetri Color panel. These include the fast color corrector, luma corrector, luma curve, rgb color corrector, rgb curves, three way color corrector, auto levels, auto color, auto contrast, and highlights and shadows.
- New Libraries Workspace and Adobe Stock Integration: This new workspace makes it easier to work with your creative cloud libraries and allows for direct purchase of Adobe Stock assets from Premiere Pro.
- HSL Secondary: A bit of a tutorial on this new features, with a warning on the best practice for using it.