Monthly Archives: October 2013
With the introduction of the SpeedGrade CC 7.1 and Premiere Pro CC 7.1 Updates today, everyone will get their hands on the awesome new Direct Link feature between Premiere Pro and SpeedGrade. This feature allows us to quickly open a Premiere timeline directly in SpeedGrade do our color correction and then return to Premiere without having any of the complications of rendering, xmls, edls, or intermediate files. In my early testing, I can attest to the ease of the new workflow, but there is one caveat I wanted to make sure everyone is aware of. Watch the video for full information and warning about using Lumetri Looks in Premiere and sending them over to SpeedGrade.
In this video we talk about the new Overlays for the Source and Program monitors of Premiere Pro. We also talk about ways to customize these settings to your liking. The video demonstrates the information you can easily keep on your screen to view all of the relevant data about your timeline.
In the late October release of After Effects, version 12.1 one of the new features is called Detail Preserving Upscale. Now the title of this feature is pretty self-explanitory. You can upscale your footage, while preserving detail. The purpose is to scale SD to HD or HD to larger resolutions. Let’s take a look and see how it works.
This video goes over 14 of the best features and enhancements to the October 2013 update to Premiere Pro, Premiere Pro 7.1. Adobe has promised this update in late October 2013, so to get all you up to speed before you even get your hands on it, we’ve prepared a video about the updates. And yes, We Save the Best for Last!
Here is the breakdown:
1. Add Edit takes clip selection into effect over track targeting
2. Organizing Camera Angles in Multicam Mode and Seeing Effect Previews
3. Editable Sequence Settings
4. Cinema DNG supported
5. Monitor Overlays with ability to transmit to broadcast monitor
6. Frame hold options for much better hold frames.
7. Relink and Keep interpret footage settings
8. Ripple Sequence Markers
9. Copy and Paste Transitions to multiple edit points at once
10. Negative Value for speed duration instead of having to check reverse
11. Preference to change trim type for selected edit point
12. Sequence Hover Scrub and Thumbnail Preview
13. Render Multiple Sequences at Once
14. Direct Link to SpeedGrade